Wireless outdoor motion detector with an advanced anti-masking system and pet-immunity.
Two-step algorithm for false alarm prevention
A street is always in action: the wind sways leaves and bushes warmed by the sun, animals and birds move around, various insects land on the body of the detector. This diversity of flora and fauna creates a constant barrage of noise that makes it hard for outdoor motion detectors to spot the real threat, humans. We’ve solved this problem both on software and hardware levels by implementing two PIR sensors and developing a unique two-step algorithm for signal analysis, LISA.
Whenever MotionProtect Outdoor detects motion, LISA analyses and compares signal forms from two sensors in real-time. If forms are similar, the alarm is raised.
When both sensors detect motion, but the correlational analysis doesn’t identify enough similarities, LISA compares frequency components in the signals of both sensors.
Intelligent anti-masking system
An outdoor detector is an easy target. During the day when the system is disarmed, intruders may damage the sensors or block their view to gain an advantage in trespassing at night. To prevent the cases of sabotage, we’ve equipped MotionProtect Outdoor with a tamper button and an advanced anti-masking system that can remain active 24/7.
The anti-masking system in MotionProtect Outdoor calibrates automatically by analyzing the surrounding area when mounting the device onto SmartBracket. Then, if an obstacle appears in the field of view of anti-masking sensors or if they are painted, the detector quickly notices sabotage and raises the alarm. Moreover, a sensitive tamper is immediately activated if someone attempts to dismount the detector from SmartBracket.
- Detection of an obstacle in front of two lens - 2 seconds
- Detection of an obstacle in front of one lens - 2.5 minutes
- Detection of taping or painting of one lens - 2.5 minutes
- Detection of taping or painting of both lenses - 2.5 minutes
Guaranteed alarm delivery
We have developed the Jeweller radio protocol to ensure the uninterrupted operation of all devices within the security system. The Jeweller provides two-way communication between the hub and MotionProtect Outdoor at a distance of up to 1,700 meters and delivers alarms in less than 0.15 seconds. The radio protocol uses time frames to synchronize communication of connected devices, authentication to eliminate forgery, and encryption to protect against data leaks. Moreover, Jeweller is energy efficient and allows detectors to operate for years from pre-installed batteries.
- Two-way communication at a distance of up to 1,700 meters
- Alarms delivered in 0.15 seconds
- Adjustable ping interval from 12 seconds
Ready for heat and cold
Ajax security systems protect users in all climate zones, from South Africa to Greenland. Heat or cold, snow or rain—MotionProtect Outdoor is ready to operate in any weather. The outdoor detector works up to 5 years from pre-installed batteries. Moreover, to increase autonomy and simplify maintenance in extreme conditions, we have provisioned the option of using external power.
- Resists the heat up to +60°С
- Withstands the cold up to −25°С
- Protected from dust and water jets IP55
- Up to 5 years of battery life
Protection of masking sensors
Detectors can be installed without Hood when mounted under the cover
Detectors can be installed with Hood to protect the anti-masking system from rain and snow
Installation without brain teasers
To connect MotionProtect Outdoor to the hub, simply scan the QR code with your smartphone’s camera. Thanks to SmartBracket mounting plate, the device can be installed without disassembling the body. Use the Ajax app to test and configure the detector.
At the same time, the installation of outdoor detectors is a professional task. It requires landscape assessment, understanding of potential break-in points, and prediction of possible problems with interference. To ensure that MotionProtect Outdoor works efficiently and to avoid false alarms, please contact a qualified engineer.
- Connection - The device is added to the security system using a QR code
- Installation - The device is mounted using SmartBracket without disassembling the body
- Set Up - The device is customized in the smartphone app
Professional security system installation
A qualified engineer guarantees high-quality installation of your security system and the realization of its full potential. Contact one of the Ajax Certified Partners in your region for assistance.
- Classification: Electro-optical radio channel security detector
- Type of detector: Wireless
- Installation method: Outdoors/indoors
- Color: Only white
- Recommended installation height: 0.8 — 1.3 m
- Compatibility: Operates with all Ajax hubs, and range extenders
- Sensing element: Two PIR sensors
- Alarm signal delivery time: 0.15 s
- Motion detection distance: Adjustable, up to 3–15 m
- Detection angle: Horizontal — 90°
- Time for motion detection: From 0.3 to 2 m/s
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, 3 levels
- Pet immunity: Weight — not relevant, Height — up to 80 cm
- Anti-sabotage: Anti-masking, Protection against forgery, Jamming detection, Tamper-resistant
- Power supply: Battery: 2 × CR123A batteries, 3 V, pre-installed; Optional mains supply: 5–28 V DC
- Battery life: Up to 5 years
- Jeweller radio technology: Communication range with the central unit — up to 1,700 m in an open space, Two-way communication between devices, Operating frequencies — 868.0−868.6 MHz, Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW, Block encryption based on AES algorithm, Detector polling period — 12—300 s
- Temperature sensor: Available
- Operating temperature range: From -25°С to +60°С
- Permissible humidity: Up to 95%
- Protection class: IP55
- Remote set up and testing: +
- Dimensions: 183 × 70 × 65 mm
- Weight: 322 g
- Warranty: Replacement and repair within 24 months of the date of sale. Batteries are not covered under warranty.
- Complete set: MotionProtect Outdoor motion detector, SmartBracket mounting panel, Two CR123A batteries (pre-installed), Installation kit, User's guide
- Service life: 10 years