A Versatile Bundling & Protection Solution.
The FLEXO PET (PT) grade is used in electronics, automotive, marine and industrial wire harnessing applications where cost efficiency and durability are critical.
The unique braided construction and wide expandability allows quick and easy installation over large connectors and long runs. PT can be found in applications ranging from small office/home office to high tech wire and cable harnesses.
The wide range of available colors and sizes allows easy and systematic color coding in complex wiring and cabling schemes.
PT is braided from 10 mil polyethylene terepthalate (PET) monofilament yarns. The material has a wide operating temperature range, is resistant to chemical degradation, UV radiation, and abrasion. The sleeving cuts easily and cleanly with a hot knife and once installed, will beautify and protect any wire, hose or cable application.
- Simple to install and terminate, Flexo PET is the ideal finishing touch on any wire management application.
- Protecting wire harnesses is easy with Flexo PET. The 150% expandability makes installation simple and efficient.
- Larger sizes of Flexo PET are perfect for managing bundles of wires up to 4 3/4" in diameter.
- Small sizes of Flexo PET can be used to protect, identify and color code multiple wires. With many colors to choose from, even complex color coding schemes are easily designed and managed.
- Flexo PET resists damage from heat, vibration, common automotive chemicals and abrasion, making it perfect for automotive customization and renovation projects.
- Monofilament Thickness (ASTM D-204): .010
- Flammability Rating: UL-94
- Recommended Cutting: Hot Knife
- Color: Black
- Wall Thickness: .025
- Tensile Strength - Yarn (ASTM D-2265) lbs.: 7.5
- Abrasion Resistance: Medium
- Specific Gravity: 1.38
- Moisture Absorption % (ASTM D-570): .1 - .2
Hard Vacuum Data (ASTM E-595 at 10-5 torr)
- TML: .19
- CVCM: .00
- WVR: .16
- Smoke D-Max (ASTM E-662): 56
- Outgassing: Medium
- Oxygen Index (ASTM D-2863): 21
- Minimum Continuous: -94°F/-70°Ci 257°F/125°C
- Melt (ASTM D-2117): 482°F/250°C
Chemical Resistance (1=No Effect, 2=Little Effect, 3=Affected, 4=More Affected, 5=Severely Affected)
- Aromatic Solvents: 2
- Chlorinated Solvents: 3
- Strong Bases: 2
- Hydraulic Fluid (MIL-H-5606): 1
- De-Icing Fluid (MIL-A-8243): 1
- Strong Oxidants: 2
- UV Light: 1
- Fungus (ASTM G-21): 1
- Alipahtic Solvents: 1
- Weak Bases: 1
- Salt Water (O-S-1926): 1
- Lubricating Oil (MIL-A-8243): 1
- Strong Acids: 3
- Esters/Keytones: 1
- Petroleum: 1
- Salts: 1
- Halogen Free: Yes
- SVHC: None
- RoHS: Yes
- UL/CSA: Yes